Here are several random observations from our 10 days of living in London.
- High waisted booty shorts are a fashion trend.
- I’ve never seen so many ads for Listerine in my life.
- Cars don’t really slow down for pedestrians.
- There are many runners in the morning, and the majority of them are wearing large backpacks. Running to work perhaps?
- I assumed the “drive on the left” rule would translate into walking as well, but no.
- Lots and lots of smokers.
- I still can’t figure out how people know when it’s safe to cross the street. They all cross even when the pedestrian signal says to wait.
- The pubs are literally filled to overflowing with people.
- Public transportation isn’t as complicated as I was expecting.
- The Challenge channel on TV airs extremely old episodes of games shows.
- On the UK version of Wheel of Fortune, before you can spin the wheel you have to correctly answer a trivia question. If you get it wrong you don’t get to spin.
- Condiment options are ketchup, mustard and “brown sauce”.
- The weather has been really nice, so the parks are full of people playing games, walking and running. But the thing I love the most is seeing all the families and friends who are picnicking in the park. They have their blankets, wicker baskets and wine glasses. It looks lovely.
That’s all for now!